August 2, 2012

A Poem Written In the Park

Lord, my God,
the Creator of the heavens and the earth,
and all the things both seen
and unseen,
I thank you for Your eternal love,
for your faithful and everlasting presence
in my life...

My Lord Jesus Christ,
You died on the cross
in my place
so I would be saved from all my sins,
and delivered from
the fire of eternity.

I thank you for letting me see
the beauty of the earth,
the majesty of Your creation,
and for allowing me to listen
to the silent language of the trees around me
in the coolness of this park,
though my eyesight is temporarily blurred,
and the faces of strangers
have been misty for me.

There are many things I wish
to thank you for
in the past two days since I arrived here
in Saigon...

Thank you, dear Lord,
for protecting me
in my travels,
for Your daily provisions,
for the new friends You gave me on my way
who help brighten my day...

Thank you for the soft breeze
in this park,
where I can rest for a while,
under this green shade
where I can hear
the soft melody of the birds
in the park
of this ancient city...

Thanks (^_^)
Ocha Samohito

No comments:

Post a Comment