December 6, 2011

I am not afraid anymore...

Here I am again finding myself in a familiar situation.
Standing beyond the line of comfort, and about to step out of the unknown..

I have always prayed to God for His Will to be done in my life,
but I have also been planning my life the way I want it to be..

I have often dreamed of having things,
and being surrounded by people who appreciate me for who I am..

To accord honesty to someone and be reciprocated with the same,
to trust and be trusted back…

To build a dream with someone for years,
only to realize that it could be broken in an instant..

To work wholeheartedly for something,
and later on see as I got closer that it was not leading to where I thought it was going..

All things are temporal in the world –
material things that people endeavor for the rest of their lives, ecstatic emotions that fluctuate through time, relationships we thought was perfect and could never end, position and influence that we pride ourselves with, a self serving cause we religiously give our lives into, and whatever things we pursue that is not in accordance with GOD’S WILL for us is going to crumble..

Only the TRUTH OF GOD’S WORD will remain permanent in heaven and on earth,
throughout time and eternity..

It is the WORD OF GOD revealed by the HOLY SPIRIT,
that should guide us in our journey through life like a compass..


But to continue on this journey,
I must again be willing to surrender more to God’s Will..

And it will require me,
to let go of the life I now have including my plans and my dreams..

But I am not afraid anymore,
to jump with a giant leap of faith..

For as I am falling,
I will be fully trusting…

That I am safe and secured in God’s hands,
for my life is not mine but HIS’..

My faith and hope rests on God’s Word alone.
For JESUS declared a promise,
THAT I WOULD FINISH WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment