December 9, 2011

HOW GOD WORKS IN YOU

"And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. But as for those whose heart goes after their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring their deeds upon their own heads, declares the Lord GOD" (Ezekiel 11:19-21, ESV).

Those words are originally intended for the people of Israel, but do we believe if the Sovereign God could also do it when He declared:

"I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them"?

However, there are those who are teaching today that it's just because of the so-called human will that we are able to choose to walk in the path of God or to observe His rules. It's easy for them to have that kind of human reasoning than to accept the simple declaration of God:

"I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them."

In fact those words of God are repeated in Ezekiel 36:26-27 --

"And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules."

Indeed, if ever we desire and do anything in accord with God's Will, it's because He Himself is working in us "both to will and to work for his good pleasure"(Phil. 2:13).

But, we read in verse 21 of Ezekiel 11: "But as for those whose heart goes after their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring their deeds upon their own heads, declares the Lord GOD" -- they are those who have the "heart of stone" -- new heart was not given to them. God's Spirit is not given in them.

For those who have His Spirit, we read, "cause you to walk in... (His) statutes and be careful to obey... (His) rules."

Is God at work in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment