December 17, 2011

The Chains of Freedom

For freedom, I am free!
Yet, to freedom I am chained.
It's a contradiction, but --
It's a thought I can't explain.

For freedom, I am free!
To soar and fly away,
To explore, to taste great sights,
To touch the sky, to see the birds,
To see the rainbows, the different worlds,
The deepest seabed, I could now dive,
The softest cloud, I feel in mine.
To taste the air, and feel the wind,
To bask in the glory of the sun,
And when all of it I've seen,
I am free to fall down on the pastures
And stare at the sky.
And, to rest near still waters,
That wash away my worries and my pride.

For freedom, I've been set free.
Yet, now, to freedom I am chained.
So, from this freedom, I want to break free.
To see for myself, that I am set free, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment